What is the Invisalign Go system:
Invisalign Go is a virtually invisible clear-aligner tray system. A series of custom-made removable aligners allows for gentle yet effective straighten your teeth. This technology gradually and predictably moves your teeth to your desired position. Treatment times can be as little as 3 to 6 months.
How does the Invisalign Go system work:
2. Invisalign will then assess this information and provide you a customised 3D treatment plan just for you. You will be able to see your predicted position of your teeth after each aligner via a 3D video provided by Invisalign.
3. Customised aligners are manufactured and sent to us here at Paul Beath Dental
4. Initially you will be given 3 to 4 custom aligners that you wear every day and change them at home approximately every 2 weeks. You need to wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours every day. You can take them out to eat and to clean your teeth. Small pieces of tooth coloured filling material (called attachments) will need to be stuck onto some teeth to aid tooth movement and to help hold the aligner in place. These attachments only cover a couple of millimetres of the tooth surface and are removed at the end of treatment.
5. Every 6 to 8 weeks you will visit us here at Paul Beath Dental, to monitor your progress and receive your next series of aligners.
6. After your teeth are in their final position you will need to wear retainers or have a wire stuck to the back or your teeth to stop them from moving back.
How Invisalign Go fits into your life compared to braces:
- Invisalign Go clear custom aligners are barely noticeable. You don’t have to worry about hiding your smile during treatment.
- There are no sharp brackets to cut your lips or cheeks
- It is much easier to floss and brush your teeth because you can remove the clear aligners.
- You have the freedom to eat and drink what you like with Invisalign Go because to can remove the aligners.
- Invisalign Go fits into a busy schedule with appointments only 6 to 8 weeks and appointment times are very short.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the difference between Invisalign Go and Traditional Braces?
Invisalign Go uses removable clear custom aligners (plastic trays) to gently move your teeth. The aligners are held in by two methods. Their custom fit and also very small ‘attachments’ of tooth coloured filling material, which are bonded to tiny spots on a few teeth. Traditional braces use metal and ceramic brackets and metal wires to move teeth and these are not removable.
Will I experience pain?
When teeth are being gently moved around you will experience very mild discomfort for a day or two after you change your aligner. This is due to the pressure placed on your teeth as they are being moved. It will subside after a few days.
Will I be able to talk okay?
Overall, yes you will be able to talk without any problems. For the first few hours or days of your very first aligner it may be harder to make ‘s’ and ‘z’ sounds. But your lips and tongue will get used to this very quickly and then talking will be normal again.
What happens if I have a special occasion and don’t want to wear my aligners?
Because Invisalign Go utilises removable aligners it is possible to remove them for a special occasion. However, this needs to be kept to a minimum because your teeth will not move into the correct position if the aligners are not worn. We suggest still wearing them to a special occasion and just taking them out for photos and eating.
I have had braces before and my teeth have moved. Can I still use Invisalign Go?
Yes, Invisalign Go is great for treating relapse after traditional braces.
How long do I wear the aligners for?
You need to wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours of every day. Only taking them out to eat, floss and brush your teeth.
What foods can’t I eat?
With traditional braces there are a number of foods that you simply can’t eat. But with Invisalign Go you have the ability to remove the aligners to eat whatever you want. However, we do suggest that limiting foods such as Turmeric and red wine as these will hang around in your mouth and can discolour the aligners.
How long will treatment take?
This varies a lot between individuals. Some treatment times are as little as 3 to 6 months. If there is a lot of movement it will take longer. You will need to discuss this with your dentist.
How do I stop my teeth from moving after treatment?
After treatment you will either need to wear custom retainers (clear trays) or it may be possible to stick a retaining wire on the back or your teeth to stop them from moving back.
How often do I need to be reviewed during treatment?
Every 6 to 8 weeks will need to visit us here at Paul Beath Dental to have an assessment and pick up your next 3 to 4 aligners. This appointment usually takes 20 minutes
Who will I see for my appointment?
Dr. Edward Boulton is our Invisalign Go provider